Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A busy weekend


We had a fun filled weekend. On Friday our cousin Jennifer brought her son Caden to the park with our kids. It was warm winter day here. The kids loved the park in Irvine and we even got to have a picnic!
On Saturday, our friends from Arizona came and stayed the night. It was a last minute idea for them to come out and I cannot tell you how much the kids enjoyed them. This family, the Lemons, welcomed us immediately when we moved to Phoenix. They really helped the kids transition quickly. Laina is the oldest who is a sweet as can be. Cad is Caleb's age. They get along great. Mason is the youngest and is now old enough to really enjoy Kylie. They played all weekend. They got to go swimming and even braved the "cold pool". We went to the beach and chased the seagulls and ran as the water chased us. It was wonderful.








Here are a few pictures of Caleb's first baseball practice on Monday. He wanted to make sure I brought the camera because he wanted to show people how handsome he looked. He instantly made friends will all the boys. I think he is going to really enjoy baseball.


So yesterday, the kids and I went to play at the play area at Carl's Jr. ( a fast food restaurant). They love going to those places because they get to climb up really high. While I was busy with Kylie on the lower level, the kids were up top having fun. Well, I thought they were having fun. About fifteen minutes of playing, I heard Aubrey shouting, "Don't touch my brother. Stop! Stop!" I ran over to see three girls about Caleb's size pushing, punching and hitting him. I couldn't believe it. I yell out, "Knock it off! Caleb and Aubrey come down here!" The girls moms were outside of the play area not even paying attention. The girls stopped of course and my kids came right down. We left immediately. After hearing the entire story from the kids, I was pretty proud of my kids. I guess the girls didn't want a boy to pass to go down the slide. They told him if you come up here again, we are going to hurt you. Well, Caleb decided to challenge them and he went up again. Sure enough, they started to "pick" on him. I guess he let them do it for a minute and then pushed down "the leader" and then tried to get away. It was then that I heard Aubrey. I couldn't believe that hap pend. My favorite part of the story was what Caleb said when we got into the car. Will a lot of excitement he said, "I never had a chance to try out my muscles and I couldn't believe how strong I am. It was a good thing I didn't use my Batman moves on them our the would have really gotten hurt." I thought that was hysterical!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: